Projects: Novel Cameras
Spinning Omnidirectional Stereo Camera
- Live-Streaming 3D Virtual Reality Video
- Project page at Stanford, Example Videos, SIGGRAPH Asia slides (pdf w/embedded video)
- R. Konrad*, D. G. Dansereau*, A. Masood, and G. Wetzstein, “SpinVR: Towards live-streaming 3D virtual reality video,” ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), SIGGRAPH ASIA, vol. 36, no. 6, Nov. 2017. Available here.
- 138° 72 Mpix LF panoramas through a single, spherical lens
- Spherical parameterization compatible with planar light fields
- World's first single-lens wide-FOV LF camera
Mirrored light field video camera adapter
- 3D printed base + laser-cut acrylic mirrors
- Creates a virtual array of cameras that measures a light field
- Optimization scheme finds best mirror array for a specific application
- D. Tsai, D. G. Dansereau, S. Martin, and P. Corke, “Mirrored light field video camera adapter,” Queensland University of Technology, Dec. 2016. Available here.
Exploiting parallax in panoramic capture to construct light fields
- We show that parallax, usually considered a nuisance, can be exploited to build light fields
- We turn an Ocular Robotics camera pointing system into an adaptive light field camera
- We demonstrate light field capture, refocusing and low-light image enhancement
- Best paper award, ACRA 2014
- D. G. Dansereau, D. Wood, S. Montabone, and S. B. Williams, “Exploiting parallax in panoramic capture to construct light fields,” in Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation (ACRA), 2014. Available here.