- Robot interaction as part of the imaging process
- Visual material analysis: discriminating objects based on how they behave
- Motion magnification for stiff and fragile objects
Image-based visual servoing with light field cameras
- Exploits depth information in the light field without explicit depth estimation
- Derivation of light field image Jacobians
- Demonstration on robotic arm using a MirrorCam light field camera
- Outperforms monocular and stereo methods for narrow-FOV and occluded scenes
- D. Tsai, D. G. Dansereau, T. Peynot, and P. Corke, “Image-based visual servoing with light field cameras,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), vol. 2, no. 2, Apr. 2017. Available here.
- A hopping lunar explorer for telemetry and mapping
- Project Page at juxi.net
- J. Leitner, W. Chamberlain, D. G. Dansereau, M. Dunbabin, M. Eich, T. Peynot, J. Roberts, R. Russell, and N. Sünderhauf, “LunaRoo: Designing a hopping lunar science payload,” in IEEE Aerospace Conference, 2016. Available here.
- T. Hojnik, R. Lee, D. G. Dansereau, and J. Leitner, “Designing a robotic hopping cube for lunar exploration,” in Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation (ACRA), 2016. Available here.